Friday, June 26, 2009

Cutest. Ever.




Ending the week on a cheery note here, Fern Animals by Ashley Anna Brown was my absolute favorite thing at this summer's Renegade Craft Fair at McCarren Park. My friend Liz and I, who share a love of animal-related items, were both dying over her wonderful lions with the frou-frou feather manes. Sure enough, later that afternoon, both our little lion friends had been taken home by some lucky buyers! Glad to see people buying great work.

The details in her work are just impeccable, and she uses the sweetest patterned fabrics for the animals' "outfits" (pajamas?). In the red hooded guy above, you can lower the hood to reveal his cute little head, amazing! I couldn't find any images of the feathered lions from the craft fair, but from what I gather on her blog, AAB is recovering from the craziness of a recent move and the craft fair, so I'm sure we'll see fun new stuff in her etsy shop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment