Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Retro Squares



These excellent quilt squares (just a few of the many now in my possession) came to me by way of my mother-in-law; they are leftover scraps that belonged to my husband's grandmother's friend's great-aunt - got that? The extra fun thing, besides all the great fabric patterns, is that most of them are stitched to newspaper bits dating from the 40's. I definitely have some collage ideas in mind for these babies - anyone else know of any good projects to create with these?


2 comments:

  1. Oooh wee! I love what you've done already - collaging fabric squares and newspaper ad squares! (Oooh, I want everything that's advertised! Splashproof silk stockings! Coiled wire corsets!) Maybe a nice lil' lap-blanket with cozy flannel backing? {sapna}

    ReplyDelete