Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lemon + Ricotta + Green Things from the Fridge


One of the benefits of occasionally working from home is making whatever I want for lunch. Granted, on busy days, which are frequent, I just grab what I can in the shortest time possible, but once in awhile a nice lunch comes together with the groceries I happen to find in the fridge. This one was inspired by a meal out at a favorite local Italian spot and is really simple. Fresh pasta is cooked in boiling salted water for about 2 minutes, then drizzled with a mix of lemon juice, lemon zest, a bit of parmesan and olive oil. Then I topped it with lightly sauteed asparagus and spinach, a dollop of fresh ricotta (the cheese lover in me couldn't resist) and a sprinkle of pine nuts. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Please come to the mountains and share an office with me. My lunch is usually fresh tomatoes right off the vine and left over morning coffee. I think we'd make good office mates. Meaning, I'd love to clean up after our lunches that you prepared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I would love that! Mountain views and an office buddy. I'd keep you well-fed. Plus, the dishes are piling up over here... ;)

    ReplyDelete