Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hello?


There's a fascinating article in the New York Times about the demise of the telephone call. While this is not new information - we've all noticed the trend towards texting, emailing, using email to schedule phone calls to avoid any unwanted, unscheduled interruptions - but it's nice to see it dissected a bit. Do you miss the phone call? I do sometimes. Luckily I have some close long-distance friends and family (some not-so-far-away) who enjoy a nice chat. Often a phone call is seen as an intrusion, but hearing someone's voice can be a nice break from silent, faceless emails. Every once in a while, when I get an unexpected call, I actually pick it up, and end up having a good spontaneous conversation. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. So true! I think about this a lot, and how phone calls are usually scheduled these days - especially in business.

    ReplyDelete