Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Industrial Chic


















I'm not a stamp collector by any stretch of the imagination,
although I do have a few of the Gee's Bend quilt stamps tucked
in a drawer somewhere that I refused to use - and I'm planning
to do the same with this collection, Pioneers of American
Industrial Design
. These guys are perfect for the promotional
mailing I'm sending out this week, and I ordered an extra sheet
or two for keeping.

The future of stamp design seems uncertain, as we hear more
news about post office closings seemingly on a daily basis. These
little gems are perfectly minimal and modern in design, and
showcase some deceptively simple, iconic everday objects. The
Henry Dreyfuss phone might be my favorite (a design that was
once ubiquitous and is now more likely to be spotted in a period
piece, a la Mad Men), but the super space age pencil sharper
is a close second.

Happy mailing!


1 comment:

  1. bought these for my hubby, since he's an industrial designer. =)

    ReplyDelete