Monday, September 26, 2011

So long, Summer!

























My favorite season, summer, is officially over. Why do I love
summer so much? Long days, sidewalk cafe seating at night,
trips to the beach, flip flops, cute summer dresses, toenail
polish in a rainbow of colors, evening jogs in the park, feeling
the warm sun on my skin ... I could go on for days.

This year, I'm fully embracing fall: cozy sweaters, leggings and
boots, sipping hot chocolate while strolling the farmer's market,
college football games, pumpkins, you name it. I'm all in!

But before that happens - it is still 80 degrees here in NYC today
after all, so I'm not totally in the fall spirit YET - I'm savoring the
summer moments and memories with a few favorite pictures
from the season.

The first picture is from late spring actually - one of the first really
warm balmy evenings - and we spent it at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.
The other images are, from top to bottom: the calm waters of St. George
Island, FL; a sultry night in Kiawah Island, SC; purple thistle against a
foggy backdrop in Marin Co.; and my bro's backyard in Corte Madeira, CA.














































No comments:

Post a Comment