Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Spicing it up

























I made some sweetly spiced nuts to jazz up my usual salad lunches this week, yum. I used
walnuts here but almonds, pecans, just about any nut would work and be equally delicious.
This recipe is so beyond easy, it can barely call itself a recipe! But it really adds a little
something extra, especially if you like sweet and crunchy things.

Spray a bit of cooking spray on a foil-lined baking sheet (as shown below), and spread
the nuts out in a single layer. Generously dust the nuts with light brown sugar, and sprinkle
on some cinnamon. Drizzle a little honey over the top, as much as you like. Then put them
in a 375 degree oven until they are lightly toasted and the sugar has melted a bit, 7-10 minutes. You can smell when they're toasting, so be sure to get them out quickly or they will burn.

I added them to a mixed greens salad with organic grape tomatoes and a bit of blue cheese - they're also good on their own for snacking.
















2 comments:

  1. Don't get me wrong, but while the food looks good, the table the bowl is sitting on looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love adding spiced nuts to my salads too. I found an amazing recipe for them in a book called Mixt Salads by Andrew Swallow. They have a little cornsyrup and cayenne :)

    ReplyDelete