Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Minimal + Color




With the National Stationery Show just a few months away (eek!),
I've been hard at work on new creative development to expand the
current Fine Day Press line. I love the creative part of my business -
it's why I started up in the first place - and I have so many ideas
that I couldn't possibly produce them all, so invariably some things
get shelved. That's all for the best, since it pushes me to really edit
and only produce the strongest designs.

Right now, I've been playing with several watercolor illustrations
as well as fun new pattern designs for letterpress cards. Today I'm
feeling inspired by a few ceramic pieces: Italian designer Ettore 
Sottsass' colorful, minimal stripes and Up In The Air Somewhere's
ethereal ombre bowls and color-dipped cups.


 



1 comment: