Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Muffin Madness




We had lots of delicious berries after our farmer's market visit this weekend, so I decided to try a new recipe. The recipe was called "Strawberry Muffins" but I had blueberries too so I just threw caution to the wind and tossed those in the mix. With all the fresh fruit and organic and whole wheat flour, these babies are only about a third the calories of one of those Dunkin Donut sugar bombs. So...that means I can eat three, right?

I topped them with some homemade lavender sugar, made especially for us by our friend Christy. The cute blue and white cupcake papers are from HeyYoYo.

The recipe came from this month's body and soul magazine. I also tried one for a sweet potato and chickpea hummus that made a perfect lunch yesterday. No pictures of that though. I ate it too fast.

1 comment:

  1. That lavender sugar rules! Oh, man, I wish I could taste those muffins...

    ReplyDelete