Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cupcake Withdrawal


Omigod, these were the best cupcakes ever! Yes, "were" - as in, they're all gone and now I'm in cupcake withdrawal. These photos are of the last, lonely cupcake just waiting to be devoured. I made these for my friend Christy's birthday - a long-standing tradition of ours - and most of them were disappeared pretty quickly. Luckily, this last little guy escaped and I was able to savour each scrumptious bite.

The recipe is the Guinness Cake by Katie Quinn Davis posted on Design*Sponge last week. I altered the recipe to make it cupcakes (as suggested by Kristy in the comments section) and also added a healthy dose of cardamom and cinnamon to the whipped cream/cream cheese frosting. The cake itself was insanely moist due to the Guinness and sour cream that went into the super-thick chocolate-y batter.

This recipe is definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment