Friday, October 22, 2010

Holy cow.


Austrian product/interior designer Florian Pucher studied under such design greats as Zaha Hadid and Rem Koolhaas; his limited edition LANDCARPET project won the Elle Decoration International Design Award for best floor covering, 2009.

This project just fascinates me... Each carpet was inspired by aerial photos of a particular region (Netherlands, Europe, USA, and Africa), and is composed of colored shapes at different heights, creating a mini-landscape. Personally I am drawn to the "Europe" palette - shown here at top, and bottom two photos - but I am also loving the neutrality of the Africa carpet (directly below) and the pop of purple mixed in with the color blue tones in the Netherlands version (middle).





In other news, I'm stepping up our advertisement out there in the blogosphere; I'm thrilled to have a brand-new ad over on Poppytalk, one of my favorite blogs! Check it out below:

No comments:

Post a Comment