Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Animal Time Indeed




Love this postcard set by Junzo Terada, a Japanese artist, designer, and illustrator who worked as a graphic designer for many years before starting his own studio Comes Graphic, and retail store of the same name, in Osaka.

The geometry of his illustrations reminds me of Charley Harper, but combined with a cheeky, irreverent tone and some really interesting textures, appealling to my collage-loving sensibility. I have a series of animal illustrations only at the sketch stage that I've been longing to develop; this piece is great inspiration!


I picked this up at the new-ish Fred Flare store in Greenpoint (below). Be sure to visit the store if you're in the area, lots of fun and funky gifts and fashion-y items.

No comments:

Post a Comment